Monday, July 28, 2014

Where you are vs Where you want to be


The Gap
Written by LaTasha West



I had to step in smack in the middle of The Dream Catchers Series and speak to you all. For those of you who know me, you know that I am an optimist and a glass half full type of girl. If you don’t know me already, then now you know. Lately I have been running across some things that have troubled my spirit and I must address them.

If you are not where you want to be in life, what is stopping you from getting there?  Could it be your outlook on the situation? Do you not believe, I mean really believe that you deserve what you want? Are you afraid to chase your dreams or desires for fear of failure, or worse fear of success? Do you discount yourself and play small?

I want to tell you that you can exceed the limits that you are putting on yourself. You must open your mind and believe that you can. I am a great motivator and inspiration but I cannot make you believe in you. You must do that.

Why do you not believe in yourself? Have you let someone else’s opinion of you tarnish your view of YOU? Something I’ve learned, usually haters are behind you, they are mad because they are not moving forward. Don’t let their lack of self-esteem tear you down. If these people are in your circle, YOU NEED A NEW CIRCLE NOW! Leaders, greatness and successful people, want to see and create other leaders, greatness and successful people. Get around some people who want to go up in life just like you do!

Are you scared? Fear. Now tell me what is fear doing for you except holding you hostage? You are letting fear keep you on the ground when you want to fly? Fear is keeping you in an apartment when you want a house? Fear is keeping you in a bad relationship, when you want to be happy. Fear is keeping you as an employee when you want to be a BOSS. Now tell me who is winning, you or fear?

Maybe you don’t even know what you want. If this is you, then you need to spend some time with your thoughts. You need to learn you. Think about what made you happy before you got to the place where you are now. Think about when you were 5 or 10 or even 16 years old, what did you want your future to hold then? How did you see yourself happy?

For a few minutes, stopping worrying about everything and everyone else, stop worrying about external circumstances and focus on you.

“You cannot be what you cannot see”- get clear on what you want.


My question for you is, what is in the gap between where you are and where you want to be, and what are you going to do about it?


LaTasha West is the CEO of He Business Consulting, The Founder of The Next 100 project, a Success Strategist and a Certified Business Development Coach.

To learn more visit, www.herbusinessmag.com or www.livethedreamtour.com

No comments:

Post a Comment